Wednesday the 14th we’ll kick off the second Undercup, and play the first round of matches if possible. Teams of any value can enter, though high value teams should consider avoiding raising their TV further if they want to participate in next season. The cup will use the following rules:
- Swiss format with bracket pairings: The tournament will consist of three rounds of matches followed by a final. The first rounds pairings are chosen at random, in later rounds teams are paired against the one closest to them in the rankings, with a buy going to the lowest ranked team if we get an odd number of players. Finally the two highest-ranked teams meet in the final.
- The first rounds matchups will be determined and announced on the 14th, later rounds whenever the previous has been finished. Coaches must plan and play their matches within one week of the match being announced, unless the previous round ended early in which case the extra time carries over. If a coach fails to plan their match or fails to show up for the entire week they lose on walkover, counting as a concession for all purposes. If both teams fail to plan or play they both suffer the effects of a loss by concession. If both teams have tried to plan their match but failed to find a time where both are available, they can choose between getting an automatic draw with points, winnings and MVPs, or asking the commissioner for more time to get their match played. The extension will be adjudicated as the commissioner sees fit.
- 2-1-0 points. A victory awards 2 points, a draw awards both teams 1 point. If two teams are tied for the most points, the highest rank is decided by the following tiebreakers: lowest number of concessions, touchdown difference, touchdown total, casualty difference, casualty total. In the unlikely event these are not enough to rank all players, go through the sums of the same statistics for all of a teams opponents, in the same order. If the teams are still not ranked, resolve remaining ties in the favor of the team with the best fluff, decided by consensus and probably a lot of shouting.
- Spiralling expenses begin at 800 TV, and increases with every 100 TV.
- A Norse Bowl 7’s kick-off table has been designed, and will be used and tested in the NBUC. It will be described in a separate announcement.
- The Norsca weather table will be used for all matches, and has gone through some slight changes.
- In the final, both teams have double the number of spectators, earn double the amount of gold, and get to reroll the Fan Factor roll during the post match sequence if they want to. Star players and Mercenaries cannot be induced for the final.
- In addition to fame, glory and a lot of gold, the winner of the final get a trophy that adds 50k to their petty cash whenever they’re playing against a team with a higher Team Value.
- After the final the players with the most touchdowns scored, most casualties inflicted or most passes completed among all teams get the skill Fan Favourite, with no addition to their value. If more than one player is tied for one of these records all of them gets the skill. All previously existing Fan Favourite awards will be removed.
So far it seems everyone plans to show up on the 14th, but if anyone do not they can still participate in the event as long as they announce their interest and what team they are playing. If they plan to enter a new team the teams race and name must be announced, but its exact composition can be worked out later.
So everyone come, play and be merry, and bash each others players into the imaginary snow.