EDIT: The NBYB has been cancelled. If interest in Norse Bowl is renewed, please contact the league commission through the contact form or in private.
It is time for more Norse Bowl! The commission is proud to announce the inaugural Norse Bowl Young Bloods tournament. This will be a short tournament for new and newish teams, with the purpouse of letting players get some games under their belt and helping those coaches who might need it get back into things before the season proper. It has been a while.
We are planning to start a new regular season, ideally before summer, but those of you who want to start a new team or who just cannot wait to play should join the NBYB.
- Any team may enter, as long as their TV is below 800.
- The NBYB will be a 3-round swiss tournament, with a final between the two top ranked teams at the end. First rounds seeding will be random, in later rounds the highest ranked player will be seeded against the second highest, third against fourth and so on, skipping over any matchup that has been played before in the tourney. Beware that you are committing to 3-4 games, so don’t expect to play once, lose, leave, and not be called names.
- A win will net a team 2 points, a draw 1 point. No points are awarded for a loss. Concessions are probably a bad idea, as they are the first tiebreaker when calculating rankings.
- The tiebreakers are the same as in NBUC2: Lowest number of concessions, TD difference, TD total, cas difference, cas total, sum of defeated opponents point scores, then sum of opponents scores in the same categories, in the same order.
- If we get an odd number of coaches one will get a bye each round. As the point of the tournament is partly to get matches to new teams, the bye will go to the team (who has gotten no byes allready) with the highest combined TV and treasury, decided at random in the case of a tie. For clarity, a bye means the team does not play a match (and gets no SPP or cash), but gets 2 points as if they played and won.
- The tourney will also be used to playtest some rules changes. No major changes will be made, but minor alterations based on feedback from previous seasons and tournaments will be implemented. These are detailed in the previous post.
- Fan Favourites will be awarded to the players with the most TDs, most casualties and most passing completions. The awards will last until the next NB7L, NB7C and NBUC have been played.
We aim at holding the tournament on Friday the 13th of april, with a probable extension into Saturday, but we understand that this may be too short notice and request alternative suggestions.
Whether you want to start a new team, get some games with an underdeveloped one, try something new or just be funny and play halflings for a few games, join the NBYB and have a laugh. If you just want to keep playing your 1000k murdersquad we are introducing rules for free play, see Rules Changes.